This Pear-Cranberry Crisp was the grand finale to our 2011 annual LAFF Gal Pals holiday feast (see the entire menu). It’s a sweetie, literally. Everyone loved it. Don’t forget the cinnamon ice cream. My favorite!
- 3 pounds ripe Anjou pears (about 5), peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 c. fresh cranberries or frozen, thawed
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. finely ground walnuts
- 1/4 c. (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss pears, cranberries, and 1/2 c. sugar into large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish.
Mix flour, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 c. sugar in medium bowl. Add butter; using fork, stir until moist clumps form. Sprinkle topping over fruit in dish.
Bake crisp 4 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375 F. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm with Cinnamon Ice Cream.
Promoting healthy eating habits may help you prevent hair loss in women.